What is Quality Control?
- Quality control manages all factors related to the process before and after the inspection analysis.
- Through a series of scientific efforts to minimize errors, the reliability and accuracy of test must be implemented and managed. It’s one of the remarkable areas in recent years.
- Establish the base for Total Quality Management (TQM) of Diagnosis Inspection Department by Applying ‘3D-1I’
(3D-1I: integrates the equipment that is largely quality-controlled by Diagnosis Inspection Department, reagents, and the difficulties data management of test results.)
Advangates of the system
- Self QC prescription and bar code issue system : Good Laboratory Accreditation Items (patient sample method)
- Application of Westgard Rule/Reference Rate
- Automation of QC through instrument Interface Program
- Provide various statistics and analysis materials
- Increase in work efficiency
- Reinspection reduction → Reagent reduction → Cost reduction
- Establishment of Internal QC
- Great laboratory based authentication
- QC Data Integrated Management (available for qualitative result management)
- TAT reduction (Turn Around Time)
- Prepare for every external evaluation and authentication